Job Description: Application Engineer
Software ("Application") Engineers are needed to apply DMS to tool-driven. large scale software generation and maintenance tasks.
The Application Engineer's (AE) task is to carry out a customer-designated change to a software system, using the DMS or a DMS-derived tool to implement most of the work. Unlike conventional "maintenance" tasks, the AE usually does not edit/compile conventional source files. Rather, he determines details of how the source will be changed and directs DMS to do this. Example tasks include: re-engineering, business-rule extraction, dialect-change, porting, database conversion, and domain-specific program specification.
If you are looking for a challenging software engineering position using 21st Century tools, this is it!
Depending on application needs, skills and interests, s/he may:
- Specify changes in a problem domain syntax (Finite State Machines, UML, Factory Automation, ...)
- Apply changes by tool invocation to a large system
- Restructure an application system
- Port software from one language/environoment to another
- Reverse engineer a system to extract design information or reusable components
- Generate software from a specification
- Integrate DMS tools with customer development environments and processes
Candidates must have a degree in an engineering discipline, a strong grasp of programming languages, and a willingness to learn. Some understanding of compiler internals is essential. Experience with transformation engines is a definite plus. Applicants must be independent thinkers and strongly self-motivated, but must work in a team to achieve the final vision.
In addition to competitive salaries commensurate with experience, employees will be offered a comprehensive benefits package. Semantic Designs is located in beautiful Austin, Texas.
Semantic Designs, Inc.
13171 Pond Springs Road
Austin, Texas 78729