The Java CloneDR identifies and displays code segments within a system
that are identical or nearly identical (clones), supporting the consolidation of
clones to reduce the size and increase the clarity and reliability of the source
code. It is a member of Semantic Designs
Java CloneDR Features
- Dialects: Java Versions 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, Java 7 and Java 8
- Not dependent on any particular compiler
- Works with arbitrary subsets of source code base
- Can handle tens of thousands of source files
- Analysis can be parameterized by clone similarity threshold, clone size, maximum number of clone parameters, and other limits
- Each clone tuple characterized individually by mass, number of instances, number of parameters, similarity ratio, language syntax category, length, and location, with each instance pictured
- Produces a summary report in HTML including statistics sorted by various attributes and with links to HTML pages describing individual clones like this.
Download an evaluation version
Semantic Designs also offers other Java tools.