COBOL Profiler Tool
The COBOL Profiler tool enables the collection and display of execution profile data on COBOL software source code bases of arbitrary size. It is a member of SD's family of Profiler tools.
COBOL Profiler Features
- Dialects: ANSI COBOL85 and IBM VS COBOL II
- Not dependent on any particular compiler
- Works with arbitrary subsets of source code base
- Can accumulate data from multiple test runs
tens of thousandsof files
- Extremely low probe overhead
- Produces profile report by application, package and file
- Profile data collection can run on platform separate from Profile tool
The COBOL Profiler tool has an intuitively simply display. It shows
- Possible profile data (PFD) result files
- Selected/accumulated/computed PFD files
- List of files for which profile data is being collected
- Locations of profile probe points in files
- Browsable source text of file of current interest
- Execution counts and relative frequency of each probe point on file source text
- Color- and size- coded (hot is red and wide, cold is blue) overlay of frequency data on source code
- Summary statistics per subsystem
Here's a full-size screenshot (in a popup window) of the COBOL Profiler display. If you have popups disabled, try this link: full-size screen shot
Other COBOL dialects can be accommodated.
Semantic Designs also offers COBOL Test Coverage Tools as well as other COBOL tools.