PHP Smart Differencer
The PHP Smart Differencer tool compares two PHP source files to determine the changes made from one to determine the other. It is a member of SD's family of SmartDifferencer tools. An example of the PHP Smart Differencer's results can be seen here.
Download an evaluation version
PHP Smart Differencer Features
- Compares two PHP files and produces list of explicit changes
- Handles PHP 5.x and PHP 7.x
- Understands PHP language syntax precisely:
- All keywords, operators, and identifiers
- Integer and floating constants as their numeric value
- Whitespace (ignored)
- /* ... */ and //... comments (ignored)
- Output in terms of language syntax elements: identifiers, expressions, statements, blocks, functions, etc.
- Detects consistent renaming within an arbitrary block of code
- Generates deltas in two forms:
- Human readable format, showing location of deltas type (language nonterminals), locations (line,column) and before and after text
- Summary form, showing just succinct summary of delta types and locations
- Can process batches of files, specified either manually or through a PHP-based file-selector GUI.
- Input encoding in ASCII, European ASCII, or UNICODE (UTF-8 or UTF-16)
- Output encoding in ASCII, European ASCII, or UNICODE (UTF-8 or UTF-16)