Verilog Source Code Obfuscator
The Verilog Obfuscator tool scrambles Verilog source code to make it very difficult to understand or reverse-engineer (example). This provides significant protection for source code intellectual property that must be shipped to a customer. It is a member of SD's family of Source Code Obfuscators.
Verilog Obfuscator Features
- Verisions to Handle Verilog 1995, 2001, 2012, and SystemVerilog3p1a
- Replaces names by nonsense names without affecting functionality
- User definable list of preserved names
- Strips comments and removes most source code structure
- User definable comment filtering, to preserve Copyright and Synthesis directives
- No changes to the customer Verilog compilation or execution procedures or environment
- Option to neatly format Verilog source code as aid to developer before obfuscation
- Output encoding in ASCII, European ASCII, or UNICODE
- Command line and GUI interfaces
- Supports Xilinx tools requirements for uppercase symbols
Download an evaluation version
Semantic Designs also offers a VHDL obfuscator, a SystemVerilog obfuscator, and a SystemC obfuscator.